Thursday, February 11, 2010

RV Newbies Visit

Our dear friends, Jan and Dave Clements, came from near Ocala to visit. This was their first voyage in their coach. As I mentioned before, we were paid through Saturday at the RV park and there were no refunds for days not used. So we invited them to take advantage of "free" nights. They could only stay one night but we managed to cram in lots of sharing time.

I planned to take pictures but we were so involved talking that I forgot. Here they are arriving at the campground......no, no.....arriving at the RV RESORT!
While Dave and Ed were outside doing manly hook-up-ing and unhook-up-ing, Jan and I were inside and she was picking my brain. If nothing else, Ed and I realize how much we've learned during our RV experiences and it's a joy to share. Of course, a realtor's work is never done and Jan's phone rang several times during their visit. She manages to sound so patient but, as with any realtor, the calls never stop and some people never seem to stop talking. The calls are from other realtors needing lock box codes, then if the owner is still living there Jan has to call for permission to show the house. Perhaps the most irksome calls are the owners who call for feedback......hey, get a clue.....if the people liked it, they'll make an offer!

Anyway, as I was saying.....before I interrupted myself, Jan and I are close enough that I can be totally blunt with her. She's already taken in many tips that we've shared by email and phone. I've sent her copies of our emergency form, log format and other things. She's used my sheet as her template, after all, why reinvent the wheel?

They don't have a tow car yet so we drove them to our house for lunch. Then we returned to their RV and out to supper.

This morning Ed and I set a record -- we got up at 7:30 a.m. (That's the earliest we've been up in ages and we were both beat this evening.) We went to breakfast and Jan and Dave hit the road by about 11:00 a.m.

That gave us time for an errand, a 99 cent burger at Wendy's, and a trip to to be "crowned" by my Florida dentist who went to VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University).

Tonight, we're going to bed early. Nitey, nite!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like you had 2 very "on" days in a row. No wonder you were beat!