Friday, July 31, 2009

Tomorrow is the Day!

We leave tomorrow, August 1st for our trip out West. I'm ready to G-0, go!!!!!! Our first stop is to visit my sister in Dayton, Ohio.

Ed said we could go later or next year if I didn't want to leave my flowers. But, now that I've discovered that my adopted daughter, Christie Rhodes, loves flowers as much as I do, I feel OK about leaving. I have hired her to cut off my spent flowers in the fall, then trim my roses and maiden grasses in early spring. She'd BETTER keep her hours accurately - are ya listening, Christie?

Ed's buddy, Robert Foerster, has been such a great help for Ed this week. Those two worked many hours to get all that shelving in the "basement" and several other projects done on the RV. Thank you, Robert!

We took Jim Bowman, our cousin who watches over the place, to dinner at O'Charlie's this evening. He'll also drive my car now and then. It sets my mind at ease to know we have such count-on-able people around us.

Then we stopped to see Billie Brown for a few minutes. Her husband, Al, passed away early this morning. Billie has been my computer student for years and the four of us got along so well. We know Al went straight to heaven and wish him well up there. We will miss him and we will keep in touch with Billie, a very special lady. Our prayers and thoughts go to Billie and her family.

This is a first - it's not even 10:00 p.m. and Ed's already gone to bed. I'm heading that way very soon. Night-all! See ya on the road!

1 comment:

Julie Manhold said...

So happy that you and Ed are finally taking your dream trip. I'll be looking forward to reading your blog. Hope you two have a ball. Bon Voyage!!