Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weeding, Weeding

I've gotten some feedback complaining that I haven't posted lately - mostly from Mother in her nursing home in Texas. My sister-in-law, Maribeth May, takes her computer in and reads the posts to Mom. I was worried about putting too much detail but come to find out, that's exactly what Mother likes.

But, for right now, what would I write about? I would say, "Today I pulled about a thousand weeds and there are only 9,000 weeds to go - in that one bed! I transplanted a few plants and am watering them every other day. I'm pulling out daisy plants like crazy because they're taking over everything. I found one this week that was sending roots under my day lilies! It's been extremely dry, so weeding is difficult. We did get over half an inch on Friday and still need more.
"

Here's the view from my bathroom window and you can see how the daisies are pushing forwards. You can also see pink Sweet Williams, California poppies, Stella d'Oro day lilies, yellow day lilies and red hot pokers. Yes, those are cows in the background!


(Click on photo for a larger view.)

No comments: