Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RV Maintenance & Plans

Yesterday we finally had some sun and I was able to go outside and play in the dirt for a while. First I had to take Ed to pick up the RV. He got it serviced - all filters changed on the transmission, etc. - a mere $900 worth! But it won't need to be done for another 35,000 miles. Next is getting the AC fixed - the dealer approved "fixer" will be back on Friday or Saturday for that.

We're going to 2 RV rallies in June, which fall back-to-back. First, is the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) rally in Richmond, then the Holiday Rambler State rally in Urbanna, VA (on the eastern shore, we're not sure where but it's an area we haven't been to. I had the bright idea that maybe I could see 2 of my college roomies, Linda and Ginny, who live on the East Shore......turns out they live on a peninsula across from Urbanna but it's a 3 hour trip to get there.....They live in Parksley.)

Our big trip is on the back burner for now. I feel that we have this huge investment, largely with the goal of our trip out West, but I'm not walking in Ed's shoes - so am trying not to say much because he's got to discern what he is able to do. If we can only do some short trips here in the East, that's OK by me.

I'm excited about getting this 3-man crew to come weed, trim, mulch, and get my flowers back in shape. They'll be here in about 2 weeks and whatever they can accomplish in a day will be a great blessing. Our neighbor's son is going to mow our pasture so that's a worry off Ed's mind. There comes a time in life that we have to admit we can't do everything we used to do.....my fibromyalgia pain had really let up in Florida but, unfortunately, has shown up when I work outside. It's hard to pace myself but it appears my body is going to do it for me!

We always enjoy hearing from you. To me, one part of friendship is being willing to share the details of your life - even if they seem boring to you, they're always interesting to me!

No comments: