Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Change in Travel Plans - Maybe

I will be posting less for a while. We're busy catching up on errands and repairs around the house - you know how it goes.....the leak under my bathroom sink, maintenance work on the RV, etc.

We're not sure about our travel plans as the 800 mile drive from Ocala, FL to Virginia wasn't easy for Ed. He doesn't let me drive because that makes him more nervous and tired than driving himself. The thought of 7,000 miles on the trip out West sounds a bit much to him right now. We are going to an RV rally in Richmond the first part of June. After that, we'll see. We're looking at doing the Redwoods in northern California as a separate trip where we fly out. Ed's also exploring the idea of swapping RVs, like they do house swaps. So, we're working on a Plan B; I still like Plan A but shortened.

Ed saw his oncologist, Dr. Robinson, on Thursday and his blood counts are looking better. Dr. R. was also pleased at how clear Ed's lungs sound. One doctor told Ed that if you have to have lung cancer, this is the best one to have because it's the least agressive. (He has non-small cell lung cancer.) He's due for a CAT scan in July and Dr. Robinson said if we're out in the hinterlands, he'll give a referral so he can get a scan. Time will tell.......

I went back to Weight Watchers - most of the weight I lost a few years ago seems to have found me.... GGggrrrrr! I have been putting away lots of salads and veggies this week. As I see it, it's all about "wet food".....veggies, fruits, yogurt, and some meat. I've pretty much got to forget about breads, cakes, pies, crackers and white foods like potatoes and bread - even strawberry shortcake!

I went out to my flowers for about 2 hours on Saturday. Harvey, a guy recommended by a friend, is coming this morning to give me an estimate to come in with his 2 men to get things trimmed, weeded, and maybe even mulched. I just don't have the strength and/or time to even get all the weeds out of the mulched areas and flower beds. But, I can't stand the thought of losing all the landscaping we put in and all the flowers I've babied along. Ed's going to hire our neighbor's son to mow our pasture - we purposely didn't have a lawn so we only mow about 4 times a summer. It's only money, right?

The good news? The SUN is out today so after Harvey leaves, I can get in some garden time. YAY!

1 comment:

yrdsale4me said...

You can still have the strawberries!