Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Maggie's Murder Mystery Party

Some people think nothing ever happens in the boonies but that's not altogether true! Saturday night we went to a Murder Mystery Party at Maggie's house in Singers Glen. (Maggie is the gal who house-sat for us while we were in Florida January-March and she's also my hairdresser.)

It's the 1st Annual
Deadwood Poker Tournament Party!


For weeks, people have been pouring into the small western town of Deadwood for the biggest poker tournament this side of the Mississippi. As the tournament concludes, a celebration party is planned at the Deadwood Saloon.
Bonnie Banker, Marshal Dalton, Sally Starr, Holly Hickok (Maggie), Black Barbara, Minnie Money, and Harry High-Stakes

Mitch Maverick, Gambling Jack, Montgomery Money,
Clay Coldwell, Jesse Wales



Here's Montgomery Money (Ed) and Minnie, his daughter,
(notice her bustle).

I was Black Barbara, an outlaw. ("She's been in town all week and no one knows quite why.") I borrowed the dress and hat from a lady who grew up in Singers Glen and keeps such items for the Singers Glen Opera every 5 years. My friend, Beth, came and helped me dress. I never could have gotten it put together without her. The bustle she pinned stayed put and once I put in the five antique 10" hatpins that Uncle Bob loaned me, the hat stayed on. It was awesome to wear an authentic dress and hat made long ago. Several of us studied the dress and were amazed with the hand stitching and the hand worked buttonholes.

We didn't solve the mystery as to who murdered Mitch Maverick, but we ate some good food and had some laughs. There were several people I didn't know and if I see them on the street, I'll have to say, "Hello, Bonnie Banker" or "Hi, Gambling Jack" because everyone stayed in their roles all evening!

No comments: