Monday, April 28, 2008

Email Mistake Yields New Friend

It never ceases to amaze me what a small world it is. Email has opened a whole new world of possibilities, as illustrated by the emails below.....

November 16, 2007 - I received an email that was a comment about a joke. I was a bit leery because I didn't recognize the email but I hesitantly replied saying, "Do I know you? Your name isn't ringing a bell."

November 17, 2007 - leslee@ replied, "No, and it shouldn't ring a bell. You sent this to Carol Nesselrodt and I mistakenly thought I was replying to her. My error. Sorry."

November 17, 2007 - I replied, "I don't know Carol either but it's fine if she wanted to share a cute email. With names like Nesselrodt and Orebaugh you must be from or connected the Shenandoah Valley so I KNOW you're a nice person!

November 18, 2007 - leslee@ replied, "Oh, you are so right. We are from the Shenandoah Valley. You must be to in order to recognize their origin. Again, sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

Oh, by the way, I am in Alaska (have been for 20 years) and today it was 31 degrees and no snow. We had about a 1/2 inch last night. We probably will not see the ground again until March. My cousin emailed and said the valley had some cold weather."

November 18, 2007 - I replied, "Wow, I've never known anyone who actually lives in Alaska. I've heard wonderful things about it! How did you happen to end up there?"

November 19, 2007 - lesslee@ replied, "How did I end up here . . . well you will never believe a flip of a coin but that is exactly what happened.............. "

.......And that's how it all got began....... a series of emails as I got to "know" Leslee and her fascinating life story.

December 23, 2007 - lesslee@ wrote
Subject: we are closer than you think
We are so much closer than you think. I had a good laugh yesterday when I was telling my cousin and best friend (Carolyn Jean Bradburn Arnett) about how you and I met. She says you have been to her home and than you went to school with another of my cousins (Phyllis Mason Flick). So, how's that for a small world.”

April 29, 2008 - Leslee is here in Harrisonburg, Virginia!

She’s visiting Carolyn (her cousin and best friend). On Thursday, Leslee, Lois (my friend since first grade), Phyllis (her cousin, my good friend since high school) and I are going to have lunch together. (Carolyn has to work :( , poor dear.)

As I told Leslee on the phone, I feel like I'm going to meet a movie star and should ask for her autograph! Who would guess a mistaken email message reply from Leslee to me on
November 19, 2007 would have opened such a plethera of connections!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 1, 2008 - Click here for: LUNCH WITH LESLEE, My Email Pal!

No comments: