Monday, March 10, 2008

Mary's Beloved Grandchildren

We've been in Florida since January, house-sitting for a dive buddy in Rockledge, which is near Cape Canaveral. My grandchildren now live in North Florida and we met in Ormond Beach at the River Grille for lunch March 9th. Ormond Beach was a significant place because their Grandfather Alan's father (their great-grandfather) was named Ormond Barrows. The family used to come down from Connecticut to winter in Ormond Beach, thus his name.

Their adoptive family has provided them with a stable, warm home atmosphere. All the kids seem so well adjusted, and are obviously loved Ed even commented on the way back to Rockledge on what nice kids they are......friendly, out-going, and easy to talk to.
There's just something special about holding a baby the day it's born that creates a bond. This probably meant more to me because I didn't have children of my own. I saw a page in a magazine where a gal and her father stood in front of their front door for a picture on her birthday every year, likewise with the mother. I've done that with these three kids and it's such fun to see the adult grow older and the baby grow bigger.

After we get back to Virginia, I'll add a few more from previous years. Hopefully, it'll inspire all parents to do this......it makes such fabulous memories.

Added June, 2009 - I finally got a sample finished.....
Due to some unusual circumstances with my step-grandchildren, I was not able to quite keep within the original format mentioned above. However, I treasure what I have managed to capture.

(Click on the each page below to see a larger version.)
You also might like to read a post from June, 2009.
Click here to read --> Save Your Memories


No comments: