Monday, March 3, 2008

In a Holding Pattern

"Good things come to those who wait" seems to be what's happening now as we wait for our RV to be ready. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big believer in Delayed Gratification* but sometimes it's difficult to be patient. The motor home was supposed to be ready for us today. Two of the parts didn't come in, so it's not ready. Hopefully, we'll be going tomorrow for our live-in, check-out days.

That is a nice feature of Lazy Days.....we live in our RV in their campground free for several days. This includes breakfast and lunch, a newspaper delivered daily, cable, a full hook-up, seminars, and a driving class. First, the Delivery Person will show us how to work everything in the coach from the sewer set-up to the microwave/convection oven. This is our time to try everything to be sure it works properly. It's Lazy Days' time to have the rig leave them in tip-top shape. Sounds like a win-win situation to me!

*Delayed Gratification
In my viewpoint, delayed gratification seems to be a lost skill these days. This "I want it all, and I want it NOW" mentality just isn't the way life works and has caused a crumbling of our society. I think this applies to issues such as people being way behind on their credit card payments, who keep on buying and charging anyway. I am of the old school who believes in saving up until have all the money before I buy something and I know I sleep better at night because of this. These days, people get furniture and don't have to pay for 2 years.....so by the time they start paying, the furniture's OLD!

I think it also explains the rampant epidemic of obesity, which has become a major cause of death. I fight with myself constantly not to eat fattening food, except now and then. I'll be a Weight Watcher member forever and it's a daily effort but it will help my health and best of all, I will be able to wear my clothes without having to go into the "Chunky Chicks" department in stores.

Such a shame.........delayed gratification builds one's strength, self-respect, and character..........

No comments: