Friday, January 22, 2021

Movie Party Outdoors

There's not much going on in Savanna Club, the 55+ community where I live in Florida, due to the Covid 19 Pandemic.  They did have a movie this Thursday evening and Sharon Jackson, my new friend, got me a ticket.  You have to make a reservation and get a ticket (free).  You check in and get an armband which entitles you to a free drink (lots of vodka!) and popcorn. 

They have a ginormous screen on the other side of the large pool and chairs are labeled with your name for social distancing.  I'd say there were about 75 people there.  The movie was "Cocoon," which is so good, but the sound stopped about halfway through.  That was OK because I was freezing, even with my ski coat, scarf, gloves, and newspaper and towel under me.


You can see the people standing down by the screen if you click to enlarge the photo.  We wore our masks except for drinking and eating.  They made Fountain of Youth drinks with a couple kinds of liquor, grape juice, and dipped the rim of the glass in purple sugar.  It was tasty but I'll bet they had to do lots of scrubbing to get the purple rings and spots off the white tabletops.
 
It was nice to see a few people for a change! We appreciate the effort our event coordinator is making with trying to have a few activities to let us out of our houses, while at the same time keep Covid safe..

No comments: