Saturday, October 10, 2020

The Wedding of Gary and Mary Suter

September 19, 2020 was a memorable and meaningful day, in spite of the Covid-19 Pandemic.  That was the day that Gary Suter and I entered the state of wedded bliss. Yes, the virus posed some limitations but we worked around those.
We got married in my home church, Donovan Memorial United Methodist Church in Singers Glen, Virginia.  It was built in 1906 
I always felt this church, with it's unique design, was so beautiful and such a spiritual place.  (This photo was taken several years ago.)
It's amazing to me that the very small country town of Singers Glen could build such a lovely church and so long ago. 
 
(By the way, if you google "Singers Glen" you'll find it's the only Singers Glen in the USA.
Anna May, in the left window, was my great great grandmother and
H.F. May, in the right window, was her son.  That son was Henry Franklin May, my great grandfather.
 
This marriage means I now have a lovely, kind, and smart stepdaughter.
  My sister, Anita, Niece April, brother Phil and Maribeth May along with Bonnie Weaver and Jane Pinson were there.
.

Pastor Jim Harrison, Krista, MaryMay, and Gary Suter,
and Winston Weaver.


JOY, JOY, JOY!


This was that magical moment when Pastor Jim said,  "I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Gary Suter!"



 
 
Someone observed that Pastor Jim appears to be a photobomber here!


What a fun and lucky shot!  My niece, April Krull, took it with her phone and the flash reflected into the stone.

I used to find it strange that wedding photographs usually have one of the hands with rings.  Now I realize that it's the symbol of a sacred, deep, and meaningful trust in each other.

My New Family 
Krista, MaryMay and Gary Suter

 Stay tuned for The Wedding Dinner.......

No comments: