Thursday, October 2, 2014

Friends-Since-First-Grade Frolic

How many people can say they've kept up with friends that they knew in first grade?

Lois, Sarah, Bunny and I were friends since first grade.  Dee and Lana joined us in 8th grade. (A few other gals couldn't make it).

Front Row - Lois Brown Horne, Mary May Angelil, (missing Bunny Spangler Turner)
2nd Row - Dee Sellers, Sarah Swank Kastendick, Lana Turner Hartman

We had an all day "par-tay" starting with brunch, a walk, a tour of Sarah's gardens, and Sarah's hubby, John, cooked us hamburgers for an early dinner.   Thank you, Sarah and John, for hosting this great group.

I'm not always a big game player but we played a game called Catch Phrase and we laughed so hard!  (You know it was easy if I could play it!)   
Never discount the importance and value of Christmas cards, emails, and a few gatherings along the way to keep relationships alive. 

1 comment:

Beth said...

It's amazing that you have so many friends from elementary school with whom you've kept in touch over the years! So many families move around now that this is the exception rather than the rule. My family moved from NJ to TN just before I turned 13, so I consider myself very fortunate to have had one friend who's been a constant in my life since we met in 5th grade. Oh, I've reconnected with some high school classmates via Facebook, but my elementary school friend and I have supported each other through thick and thin via handwritten letters, and later, with marathon phone calls. I wonder if my daughters will have lasting friendships that go as deep?