Thursday, August 28, 2014

FL Neighbors Visit Me in VA

It's always a joy to share my Virginia home with friends from my winter home in Port St. Lucie, Florida.   

When I left Florida in the spring of 2013, I had empty houses on both sides.  When I returned in the fall, people had moved into these houses.  My first reaction was,  "Oh, no, I've lost my privacy!"  Things turned out quite differently!  Both couples are so nice, friendly, and have helped me in many ways.

The neighbors on one side are Jane and Gene Pinson.  They are from near Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, which is about 90 miles north of my home in Virginia.  What are the chances?  (So many of the folks in Savanna Club are from the Northeast.)  Jane is an RN and got me through a very rough medication adjustment patch this spring.  Jane and Gene came to visit me for the day. 

Maribeth, MaryMay, Phil May, Gene and Jane Pinson.

The neighbors on the other side are Tony and Denise Francavilla from New Jersey.  Denise loves to cook and often brings me her delectable dishes, spoiling me to pieces!  Their RV broke down in Staunton, which is about 40 miles from me so they came for lunch.

Last summer my friends stopped by on their way to and from Boston.  Dick and Jane take care of my house when I'm gone and Dick can fix most anything.
Dick, Jane, and Spot Roy

After friends visit, they understand why I call this my "real house" and my home in Florida my "cabin." Whether here or there, I do appreciate my friends!

No comments: