Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blanche's Big Adventure

I left home at about 11 a.m. this morning.  When I came home at 4:00 p.m., the door to the Florida room had blown open and the kitties were nowhere to be seen.  I started walking all the backyards and my street.  I thought I could hear Pepper's screechy meow.  Sure enough, she was in my neighbor's Florida room.  She had come meowing at his door and he recognized her.  He gave her food and water and kept her.  I was so relieved.

However, there was no sign of Blanche.  I called and knocked on all the neighbors' doors but no one had seen her.  I walked the backyards again (and got several ant bites).  About 5:20 p.m. I got a phone call from the Humane Society.  Animal Control had just brought her in and when they scanned her chip, they were able to call the 800 number and get my information. I rushed right up there, arriving just before they closed at 6:00.

Apparently, Blanche went under someone's house on the street behind me.  They called Animal Rescue, who took her to the Humane Society.  How glad I am that I got the chip put in her last spring!   Now I can sleep tonight.


Blanche does seem beat after her big adventure.
p.s. I would like to think she's learned her lesson, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Oh my! So glad she is safe. I'd see if you can have your neighbor check that door.

Beth said...

Oh boy, without that chip you probably wouldn't have gotten Blanche back so quickly, if at all! Steve is right--you should have somebody check the door that blew open ASAP.