Friday, May 25, 2012

Quickly through the Quagmire?

It's been over a month since losing my loving husband, Ed. I miss him every single day but I know he's with me in spirit.  

The tough part now is the quagmire of paperwork, which I plug at diligently every day.  I sometimes wonder if there will ever be an end!??  

Each detail is sooo complicated. I thought computers were supposed to make our lives easier and more efficient --- yeah, right!!!!! 

For example, getting the Comcast account changed into my name has involved many phone calls, verifying numbers, addresses, etc., and faxing of documents.  The faxing process took the whole morning yesterday because the fax number they gave me didn’t work.  
 
At that point, I had to start over with that annoying 800 phone number and fight my way through their phone menu until I got to a real person. Then that real person kept putting me on hold for “a minute or two” while they “researched”. Finally, I got a fax number that went through, hopefully.
 
The cover letter I sent requested that they send me an email or call me to verify that they had received the information. They didn’t --- of course --- so I called today. Well, “that might take 24-48 hours so call back...but don’t forget that Monday is a holiday.” 
 
It looks like Comcast gets to continue using up the minutes of my life and producing a few more gray hairs in the process.   Then again, if I let Comcast go, I won't be able to get on the internet and that would  give me a plethora of gray hairs!

Getting quickly through the quagmire of paperwork is simply not going to happen, is it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each task that you accomplish today is one you don't have to do tomorrow. Take one day at a time, Mary May!

Anonymous said...

You are the only person I know who can make such an annoying circumstance sound so funny. Sorry I laughed but was funny. The next time I have an "issue" with a utility co such as Comcast or telephone.................I'm calling you as my advocate instead of an attorney!