Monday, January 16, 2012

Denim and Diamonds Dinner Dance

Saturday night we went to the annual party of the American Jewish Friendship Club with over a hundred Savanna Club residents.  The theme was Denim and Diamonds, which left the field wide open as to what to wear.

I had fun shopping for some silly rhinestone jewelry, etc.  Jane Roy loaned me a hat and sparkly tank top.  I bought some rhinestones that I sewed onto a denim shirt that I found in my closet.
 I had 5 "diamonds" left so added a "flower" on the back of the shirt.  I know......I'm so silly! (More thoughts "silliness" in another post.)


 

I even found "blingy" shoes!
Most challenging was making Ed a blingy, shiny tie.  I bought a tie at the dollar store and tore it apart to use for a pattern.  I also added some rhinestones to his shirt pocket.  

You know Ed's not into wearing ties so I let him off easy.  He wore it with the collar unbuttoned.
The Critters, the band for the evening, played a great variety of songs, including a couple of their own hits from the 60s.  I was in awe at seeing the dance floor full most of the evening.  

Bobbie and Ron Steinberg are the couple who visited us in Virginia last summer.  Their "adopted" son, Seth, is visiting them.  He's a professional musician on cruise ships and was impressed with the band, too.
Below is another one of my new SC friends, Suzanne Gibbs.  We "met" on Facebook and have emailed quite a bit.  That good old internet is my social network, for sure!

Here's the dynamic denim and diamond duo!
 May your days be filled with fun and plenty of "bling."

1 comment:

Beth said...

You did a great job with Ed's tie and shirt pocket! I can tell from the pictures how thrilled he was with his new bling. Your shoes, hat and shirt look so nice together. The flower on the back just "makes" the shirt.

It looks as if the two of you are social butterflies during the winter! Seriously, I'm glad you're having fun.