Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were YOU on 9-11-01?

 We remember. We honor. We pay tribute. And we will never forget.  -author unknown
I was living in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and was coming out of my appointment with the neurologist, who had just told me I have fibromyalgia. I went to the counter to pay my co-pay and the receptionist was on the phone with her sister, saying things like, “Calm down! What happened? A plane what?” I then drove to the nursing home to visit Alan, my first husband who was in the advanced stages of Alzheimer’s. The nurses had the TV in the day-room on and all of us were trying to make heads or tales of it. I remember thinking that we were near Miami, a large city and possible target. I had the feeling I should duck or cover my head because I wondered if a bomb was coming at any moment as I was driving home. 

We must be aware that our 9-11 remembrance is not just sentimental.  This brought to our attention the great struggle between good and evil. 
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win the world is for enough good men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke 1729-1797
September 11, 2001 will always be a day to remember. And each time we remember, let us resolve again to honor those who sacrificed so much, to honor them not merely with our tears, not merely with our memorials or sadness, but with the way we live.  — Ralph Marston

No comments: