Friday, March 5, 2010

Mary, the Merry Mulcher

Our lawn isn't bad but the beds needed mulching. It looked like too big a job for me so we got an estimate -- it would cost $150.00 to weed and mulch. I decided to just start weeding the front section one day.  Gradually, I began weeding a bit each day. 

Then, I decided to get a few bags of mulch and just mulch the frontIf you know me at all, you know that was only the beginning. That looked so nice that I just kept working a tad at a time. 

The neighbors probably found it strange to see some ole gal SITTING DOWN on the ground and working so slowly.  I have to thank Ed for bringing the bags of mulch around.   Every race needs a hare AND a tortoise, right?  Just call me "Tortoise"!
 
 This is the area under the breakfast nook BEFORE.
  This is the area under the breakfast nook AFTER.

This bed in the back was totally overgrown with grass.
After weeding out bags of grass and weeds, a new bed emerges.

The area beside the carport was aggravating because every time it rained, the water didn't drain properly so I had to go sweep the water and washed in dirt off the cement.  Thanks to Ed's ideas and help, I reconfigured the drain pipe and added in some edging to redirect the water. This is about halfway through.
I wonder if I was a builder in one of my previous lives!

It's such a pleasure to be able see you've accomplished something when you finish  -- as opposed to housework, which just needs to be done again soon.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You know you can't stand to do things half-way! Besides, why spend $150 on weeding and mulching when you could spend it on something fun? Just try not to overdo the weeding and digging. Your readers want you to be able to type future blog entries and it'll be hard to do that if your hands are permanently curled up.

marymay said...

You are just toooooo funny!