Monday, March 29, 2010

Looking Out from Breakfast Nook


 ....or How to Get Your Heart Started.....

Just after lunch I was wiping off the table in the breakfast nook where we eat.  I happened to glance up and what to my wondering eyes should appear but our old pal, Alley Oop, the Alligator.  He was smiling at me!
I grabbed the camera, all the while hearing in my head Beth's comment from another post,  "Now please step *away* from the water--we really don't want any part of you to become an alligator snack."  I didn't want to become a snack but I did want a good photo!

In the process of opening the door from the Florida room to the outside, the door made a noise.  Before I could raise the camera, he flipped himself into the water with a loud ker-splash!
 He went north on our little lake, pouting all  the while because I had disturbed his sunbath.  Throughout the afternoon, I kept checking.  He did come back our way and was pretty close again but stayed in the water.

Before you ask, I'd say he's about five feet long.

No comments: