Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sleep Center Report

Someone asked me what happened at the Sleep Center. I reported to the doctor a week after my "sleepover". He had a one page printout that showed everything imaginable, including when I fell asleep, when I slept on my side or back, and what depth sleep I was in. I seemed to breath OK on my sides but on my back I have severe apnea. I only got about an hour of REM sleep. We had to fill out various questionnaires before and after. It seemed to me it took about an hour to fall asleep - it only took me 7 minutes!

I forgot to ask the most important question, which was why I'm doing this to begin with: "Did I snore?" I'll be sure to ask this time.

This Wednesday I go back for another PJ party and will sleep with a CPAP machine. I know what to expect this time but bet I won't get my two cute technicians. In general discussions with various friends, it's surprising how many of them use a CPAP and how much it helps them. More later!

No comments: