Thursday, November 13, 2008

PJ Party for Mary

Thanks to my dear husband, Ed, I had a wonderful pajama party at the Sleep Center last night. He told his doctor that he's having trouble sleeping due to snoring and pointed at me.

In preparation for this fun event, I had to shower and the only thing I could put on was deodorant....not even creme rinse on my hair!! I realized how attached I am to my powders, gels, "mousses", perfumes, lotions and other magic potions. I soon came to realize why -- It was amazing how many electrodes they glued onto my face, my head, and lots of other places. On the bright side, I had two really CUTE male technicians - one was in training. It took them over an hour to get everything set.

They came in once during the night and asked me to sleep on my back for a while. They woke me up just like they said they would at the ungodly hour of 6:00 A.M.!! I asked for a later wake-up time but learned they use the 6 sleep rooms (with Murphy beds) for doctors to see patients during the day.

I have my follow-up visit next week and suspect a CPAP machine might be in my future. If I could sleep better, it might help my fibromyalgia pain and brain fog.

No comments: