Sunday, May 14, 2023

A May Day Kind of Picnic 2023

Gathering with friends and family is always a delightful experience for me.  It makes me feel my roots and that I am connected. 

In this day and age, people move around so much, it's not always easy to get people together.

Click any photo for a larger view.

This group was in the old elementary school house in Singers Glen, Virginia.  Clarence May and Walker May were brothers.  These are cousins and kinfolk from the family of Franklin and Emma Swank May. 
Franklin  Henry May and Emma Swank May.  
(I always wonder why people didn't smile for photos in the "olden days?"


The house burned down and today there is a LONG chicken house built in that area.


Below is my favorite picture of Uncle Clarence and Granddaddy Walker May.  This was following a VERY successful day of gigging.

(Click the pic for a larger view!)

Maybe living away for 30 years has made me treasure my family roots more than some people.

No comments: