Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween 2017

Gary drove me back to my little house in Port St. Lucie, Florida and got to experience some of the Savanna Club activities.  I'm not big on too many dinner dances but Halloween is the exception.  People really get into the spirit and think of such incredible costumes.

I wore my Mexican skirt and Gary wore a guayabera shirt.  We are standing with a couple of very scary characters.  


Warning for Krista:  The next picture is going to be too gory for you 
but look if you can because this costume is really unique.
The Headless Horseman from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
I don't know where they bought this but it was really, really gory and fun!

We were at a table with Diana and Stu Kauffman.  They had created sandhill crane costumes.  Check out their painted legs and their heads were created with milk jugs.  I'm crazy about sandhill cranes so I especially liked these costumes.

Time out for a little science lesson:

My day is made when I see a few sandhills around. 





The coloration on their heads is quite unique.






 Hurricane Irma followed by the rainbow and pot of gold.



The Nerdy Professor

 This is one of my all-time favorites:  Cotton Candy and Popcorn
Wendy and Judy said they used yards and yards of pink tulle!  Their husbands were good sports, too and they also gave out free popcorn.

BONUS:  Here's my blog post from 2012  

Click here --->  Staid Halloween - Senior Style

 If you want to have some Halloween fun and laughs, Savanna Club is the place to be!

No comments: