Thursday, February 5, 2015

Bungling Birdhouse Builders

Can you imagine 15 women in a small craft room with hammers?  The noise level was so high they could hear us in the lobby of the clubhouse but we were so busy concentrating that we hardly noticed.
The birdhouses were cut out.....all we had to nail them together, paint, and decorate them.  Ha, ha, ha, ha!  I haven't laughed that hard in ages and that was mostly at my own in-aptitude! 
This is my new next door neighbor, Jane Pinson.  When she took it home, her husband, Gene, told her it was pitiful!
Our leader's husband came to help us and I told him that he would probably need to go home for a LONG nap after such an experience!  He was very patient and kept saying,  "You have to use your mind where the nail should go in and mark it with a pencil.  I sort of stalled till he got to me and he kindly marked the spots.  One of my nails went in so crooked that he had me pull it out and start over!
This was a sample of how we could decorate it.
We started painting in the class and I brought home paint and brushes to finish.  It's a rainy day today so I decided I must finish it.  It's pretty pitiful (Gene's term applied to mine, too!) but at least I can say I made it with my own two hands.  Plus, it does pick up the colors of the parrot painting.
So much for women bungling with hammers to build birdhouses!  I remind myself that it's the camaraderie that counts!

No comments: