Monday, January 12, 2015

Great Prize - Great Dinner

At the December Women's Club Luncheon I won a gift certificate for Mandie's Catering for $100!!  It came with 4 sheets of choices.  I saw platters of appetizers for 15-20 people...I don't think 20 people would fit into my Florida house.  My friend, Norma, studied the papers and approached it from a different angle.

The caterer, Tim Tate, obviously takes pride in his work.  He came to my house and we planned the menu together.  He made beef burgundy, chicken with wine and mushrooms, blackened dolphin, wild rice, Au-gratin potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash with onions, glazed carrots, salad, rolls, coffee, and cheesecake!  (Normally, $19.95 per person and well worth it!!!)

Last evening I had a lovely dinner party for 3 of my new neighbors and of course, Norma.   Tim Tate ran a bit late because the driver he had set up didn't work out.  So Tim cooked AND delivered the food to us and 3 parties before us.  We passed the short wait in the Florida room with my invented piña colada punch.
 Vickie Peterson, MaryMay Angelil,
Jane Pinson, Norma Pennie, Denise Calise
I have been wanting to entertain but could never get myself in gear so this is my answer!  We ate quite well and had a wonderful time together.  Everything he made was delicious and we had tons of leftovers. 
This turned out to be a fantastic prize for me!  New friends, good food, with almost no work.   What a painless way to entertain!! 

No comments: