Friday, July 25, 2014

Norma's Abnormal Environment

My special friend, Norma Pennie, from Savanna Club in Florida (the 55+ community where I go in the winter)  came to Virginia to visit me.  She is a real city girl from Boston where they pahk the cah (park the car).  This was her first experience on a farm!


She was here a whole week and we did not take a single photo with both of us - for whatever reason!  I even had my camera and my phone with me.  Ah, what photo opportunities we missed!!  This pic was in 2012.


We went to a caverns, out to eat at the Bluestone Inn, toured various farms, toured Singers Glen, and just hung out with family.  In spite of being a city girl, she fit in wherever we went.  What an easy houseguest she is!

The Shenandoah Valley of Virginia is a little piece of Paradise with beautiful views in every direction.  
 Norma with neighbors, Lorena and Cheri, in front of their vegetable garden with a glimpse of Valley loveliness in the background.

Watching the milking and being close to her first cow with Lorena and Cheri.
Norma with horses.
Norma looking at 42,000 chickens.  There were 42,000 more in the house next door.

Maybe there were not many photos because we were caught up in living the moment!  I hope Norma will not find this to be such an abnormal environment when she visits again!

No comments: