Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Birthday at Bar-B-Q Ranch

I thought I was going to be alone for my birthday today but my cousin, Stashia May Kline, saved the day when she invited me to lunch.  My brother, Philip May, unexpectedly  joined us but I forgot to take a photo including him. 
I prefer to eat at local places wherever I am so after racking our brains, we remembered the Bar-B-Q Ranch.   
 
This place has been there about as long as I've been alive so it's an appropriate place to celebrate my birthday.
Barbeque, fried chicken, fried pickles, sweet potato sticks, and reasonable prices are still there.  It even looks the same, inside and out.....ambiance, not exactly, memories, YES!

 
They're also known for their collections of thousands of porcelain pigs.  They used to have those little speakers but will still provide curbside service if you turn on your headlights and blow your horn.  How quaint is that!
MaryMay Angelil and Stashia Kline sitting on a pig (bench).




Happy birthday to me, myself and I at the Bar-B-Q Ranch in Harrisonburg, Virginia!  (No I don't get a kick-back for this blog post!)

p.s.  I really appreciate all the cards, calls, FB wishes and email cards!!  Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Mt. Clinton HS (or is is it ES?) strikes again. Hope you both had a great lunch!

Anne