Saturday, March 10, 2012

Enjoying the Equinox

Yes, I'm already enjoying the Equinox, and I don't mean "the time when the sun crosses the plane of the earth's equator, making night and day of approximately equal length..."

After my LITTLE accident with the BIG Chrysler Town and Country Minivan two weeks ago,  I've been totally gun-shy about driving that big car.  When we bought it last fall, Ed was doing most of the driving.  But, as his health situation has changed, I'm the main driver.  I had a heart attack every time I pulled into the carport because it felt like I was going to scrape the sides.

We spent almost the whole day at the Chevy dealer yesterday but they couldn't locate a 4-cylinder car for us.  The 6-cylinder doesn't get the good gas mileage Ed was after.  

He went back online and we headed out to test drive a Kia today.  Within half a mile, I discovered that their headrest is at an angle that put my neck into major pain and no adjustment of the seat would change that angle.  Sounds kinda silly, but that was the end of the Kia for me.  

Turns out that they had a 4-cylinder Chevy Equinox that someone who wanted a larger car had just traded in.  It isn't the white that I thought I wanted, but it has every other feature we were after.  Turns out that I like the shade of blue just fine.  

We now own a car that I feel comfortable with.  Whew, I feel equalized in an Equinox! 

No comments: