Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scans and Therapy

We're in "that" age group where health maintenance becomes a part of life that is a fact of life.

Ed is having a CT scan this afternoon and it should be read within 48 hours.  Then he'll go to see his oncologist in West Palm Beach.  He'll decide his next course of action -- or non-action -- based on the scan results and what the doctor says.  He really doesn't want to have chemo again.....who would?

My doctor in Virginia wrote a prescription for me to have therapy for my weak legs and jello knees. I go for my evaluation tomorrow.  You may remember from a previous post,  "I discovered that if I don't hold to a railing when going up stairs, I can NOT step up with my right leg and when I get into a car, I find myself lifting the right leg in."  

I have been refusing to help my leg when I get into the car and I can now lift it in.  I am also able to lift that right leg to cross my legs,which I couldn't do a few weeks ago.  Practicing on stairs will be a challenge because every place we go seems to be one story.   (Some people don't realize that Florida homes don't have basements because of the high water table.) 

Today is one of those lovely Florida days of about 80 degrees.  The windows are open and there's a gentle breeze.  The cats are lovin' it and so are we.

1 comment:

Tee said...

Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I totally hear you about health maintenance. This year has been the pits for me. Your weather sounds dreamy. Enjoy!!