Friday, December 26, 2008

Unusual Christmas Day

Christmas Day was unusual this year. Ed's son had invited us for breakfast and then they would come over to see our RV. I was really looking forward to it - got up early and got my hair washed. We left about 9 - drove about 100 feet and Ed stopped abruptly, got out and started moaning. The rear passenger's side tire was flatter than a pancake. So, we got "ye ole guidebook" and commenced to try to change it. Things were soon complicated by the fact that the tailgate doesn't go down, thanks to my wreck.

Ed remembered that we have Roadcare Service. He went in to call the 800 number and had me call Steve to postpone our breakfast till another day. I thought it would be a long wait....who would come out on Christmas morning? Within 45 minutes the young man was there and found what we had - the tailgate won't go down. He discovered a screw in the tire so fixed that and we were good to go. I called Steve but they were taking the breakfast over to his mom's house.


Maybe that was just as well......when we went inside, Ed reclined in his chair and asked me to bring me an anti-nausea pill. He took that and slept. The rest of the day he napped and rested, so it was probably better that things worked out to postpone breakfast. This was the only reaction that he had from his chemo on Tuesday.

We went to Lorraine and Ray Barkett's (Ed's sis) at 5 pm. I'm starting to feel more comfortable as I get to know his family members and they get to know me. Ray has 3 brothers and they celebrate all the holidays together. Several people had colds and, even though they stayed away from us, we woke up the next morning and both of us felt bad. Nyquil is a wondeful invention.

No comments: