Friday, February 22, 2008

Dive Buddies and Bowmans – Small World

This small world never ceases to amaze me! I was looking at the blog of Chris and Jim Guld, scuba diving buddies from "way back when". Chris and Jim have been full-timers since 2003. On their website, they have links to other blogs and I assume that these links are from people they've met on their travels.

I opened one of the links and clicked to view his (Len's) latest post. Lo and behold, it was an essay about Obama that was emailed to him from Eldon Bowman!!


Eldon Bowman is one of my favorite cousins and I couldn't imagine that there would be too many “Eldon Bowmans” in the world. I emailed the blog owner, Len. Sure enough, it was "our" Eldon. Len went to J.M.U. with him and they have kept in touch.

Read Eldon's entire essay from February 16 - Inspiration and Politics

"It seems everyone agrees that Barack Obama is an inspiring speaker, .... But some call him inspiring in an almost accusatory fashion--like he is an empty vessel without depth to back up his inspiring words. So, I have been pondering on inspiring leadership as I head down the road, and I would like to share some of my thoughts. Though what I say applies to other areas of human experience, I will limit my comments to politics........MORE>>."

Eldon's wife had another view - Inspiration - a Differing Viewpoint
Len writes: ...Eldon's family is very unique, indeed. There are 9 of them and they cover the entire spectrum in politics and religion. Some years ago they started an ongoing email conversation between all members of his family to include their spouses on these sometimes very contentious subjects in an attempt to find common ground and to better understand each other....MORE>>
Barbara Bowman writes: "....It is pretty typical for Eldon and me to disagree in politics and Obama is no exception. Suffice it to say, I have not fallen under his spell.......MORE>>"

No comments: